Error 1316. "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file ..." when installing WebWatchBot
When you install WebWatchBot, the message following message appears, "Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file ..."
This error can occur when attempting to update an existing WebWatchBot installation from a patched/update/release area that no longer exists
Run the Windows Installer CleanUp utility
Read the Microsoft article Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility - Article 290301. This article tells how to download and run the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. To make it easy for you, here are the steps that you would follow in that document.
To run the Windows Installer CleanUp utility:
- Click Microsoft Download Center.
- Download the Msicuu2.exe file, and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click the file to install the utility.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Programs > Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to run the utility.
- Click the entry for "WebWatchBot", and then click Remove.
- Restart the computer.