How can I monitor a web page with a login?
To do this, you would use the POST data feature and you will need to look at your web page's HTML source.
- Create a new Watch Item
- View the source of your web page and find the <form> tag.
- The "action" attribute will equal the URL that you will actually monitor - not the page with the login form!
- Find the <input> tags for the username and password
- Your "POST" data will be the name/value pairs of these tags. For example if you have the tags:
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME=username>
<INPUT TYPE=password NAME=password>
Then your POST data will be "username=someuser&password=secret". Change the username and password to your data.
- In your Watch Item, click the "Watch Type Settings" button. A new dialog box will open.
- Click on the "Advanced" button.
- Change the "Request Type" from "GET" to "POST"
- Enter "username=someuser&password=secret" (without the quotes) in the field "POST Data"
- Click OK until all dialog boxes are closed.