How do I change the user account the WebWatchBot service uses?
To change the user account of the WebWatchBot Service:
- Delete log files and saved output (This is necessary to ensure that the logs and output do not retain permissions from the old user account):
- Open WebWatchBot Manager
- Select from the menu: Help -> ExclamationSoft Support -> View Data Folder
- When the Windows Explorer/My Computer window opens, close WebWatchBot Manager.
- Select all of the numbered folders and delete. This will only delete log files and last saved output and your data will remain intact.
- Close the window
- Start (Windows Start Button)
- Control Panel
- Administrative Tools
- Find "WWBServer" (the WebWatchBot Service name)
- Stop the service
- Right-click on WWBServer and select "Properties"
- Click the "Log on" tab.
- Select the "This account tab"
- Enter the user account and password. You should enter a user account that has high enough privilege to create, modify, read and write to files on the computer, send email, and access network resources.
- Click OK
- Start WebWatchBot Manager.
- When prompted, start the WebWatchBot service.