How do I move WebWatchBot's data from one location to another?
WebWatchBot's data folder can be changed from the default to a different directory.
- This procedure requires changes to the registry. If you are uncomfortable making these changes, DON’T DO IT.
- The drive and folder used by default is standard for Windows programs, e.g. C:\documents and settings\...
- Create the new folder where you wish to store WebWatchBot's data.
- Stop the WebWatchBot service: Tools -> Stop Service
- Close WebWatchBot Manager.
- Stop SQL Server, if applicable. (Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services)
- Next, update the registry to point to this new location
- Open the system registry: Start Menu -> run -> type "regedit", press enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Navigate to Software, ExclamationSoft, WebWatchBot 2/3/4/5/6/7, General
- Change the string (double-click on) Data_Path to the new drive and directory where you would like to store data.
- (Version 2/3/4 using the Standard MS Access database only) Change the string (double-click on) DATABASE_FILENAME to the new drive and directory where the database now resides.
- Copy any existing data from the old location to the new location. This includes folders and files.
- If you are using WebWatchBot with MSDE: The database engine needs to point to the new location. You have two options:
- Uninstall WebWatchBot, install WebWatchBot and specify the new location.
- Using SQL Server tools (Management Studio or Enterprise Tools), attach the database to the new location. Refer to SQL Server documentation for more detail – this is not supported by ExclamationSoft.
- If you are using WebWatchBot for SQL Server, use SQL Server tools (Management Studio or Enterprise Tools), attach the database to the new location. Refer to SQL Server documentation for more detail – this is not supported by ExclamationSoft.
- Start WebWatchBot Manager, and you should be prompted to start the service, if applicable.