Installing a Client Certificate
Installing a client certificate prevents warning messages from appearing in your browser and WebWatchBot.
To install a client certificate, follow these steps (your experience may vary slightly, however, the general concept will apply):
- When you navigate to a site with an certificate that is not recognized, not valid, or expired, you will see a pop-up like the following:
- To install the certificate, click on "View Certificate". The Certificate detail dialog will appear:
- Select the "Certification Path" tab:
- One at a time, select the nodes with a red X icon, then click on the "View Certificate" button.
- The Certificate detail dialog will appear again. Click on the "Install Certificate" button and the "Certificate Import Wizard" will begin:
- Click the "Next" button.
- Ensure that the certificate is automatically stored (default radio button option) and click the "Next" button:
- A final summary review screen will be displayed, click the "Finish" button:
- A Security Warning dialog will appear, asking for confirmation of the installation:
- Click "Yes" to confirm. A message box will appear, stating success or failure.
- Click "OK" to close any Certificate detail dialogs.
- On the original warning dialog...
Click the "No" button.
- Navigate to the URL again to test the installation of the certificate. If the warning appears again, repeat the steps above until all of the certificates are installed.
- NOTE: If installing a certificate for a user account assigned to the WebWatchBot Service (WWBServer), you will need to restart the service after installation, in order for the changes to take effect.