Process Watch Type
WebWatchBot monitors processes on local and non-local Windows systems by:
- Monitoring the state of the process: running or not running.
- Monitoring CPU usage %.
- Monitoring the memory usage.
- Monitoring the total number of threads.
- Ensure that a critical process is running.
- Ensure that unwanted processes are not running.
- Raise awareness of processes consuming too much CPU time.
- Track memory usage of a process.
- Monitor fluctuations of process threads.
Fields and Buttons
Computer Name - name of computer with Windows service to be monitored
Name - The name of the process.
Select - Opens the "Select Process" dialog, which displays a list of active processes to choose from:
Running - unchecking this box will cause the watch item to fail if the process is running
CPU Usage % - threshold for triggering an alert
Memory Usage - threshold for triggering an alert
Thread Count - threshold for triggering an alert
Process monitoring on non-local Windows systems requires access to the remote system registry. The remote registry service must be running on the non-local machine.