Reference: Command Line Scheduling a Report
ExclamationSoft will phase out the use of the command line interface, since it was introduced to work around some limitations in previous versions, e.g. maintenance periods for Watch Items, scheduling of reports.
Create a new task for the scheduler
- Open the Windows Scheduler. Start Menu->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->(Scheduled Tasks) Scheduler:
- Add a scheduled task by clicking on "Add scheduled task".
- A wizard will appear to help walk you through the steps of creating a scheduled task. Click on the "Next" button.
- The next screen in the wizard prompts for a program to run. Click on the "Browse" button:
- The "Select Program to Schedule" dialog will appear (it may appear slightly different on your computer). Go to the location of WWBCmdLine program (Normally \Program Files\WebWatchBot 2) and click the "Open" button:
- Next, select the frequency you would like the task to run. For this example, choose "Weekly", then click the "Next" button:
- Next, select the day and time to run the task. For this example, change the time to 6:00a.m. and check the box next to "Monday". Click on the "Next". button.
- Note for Windows 2000/XP/2003 users: You will see an additional step in the wizard prompting you for a user name and password for the task to use when running this task. You should provide a user id and password that has privileges to use WWBCmdLine in this case.
- You will now see the last step in the wizard. Check the checkbox for "Open advanced properties", then click "Finish"
- The following window will appear:
- Edit the field "Run" and add parameters after the existing text: -watchitem "watch item name" -report "report name"
- Click OK.
- The newly scheduled task should appear: