Restart IIS from WebWatchBot
WebWatchBot can restart IIS (Internet Information Services) as an action for an alarm trigger (DOWN condition) or reset (UP condition) using the following instructions:
- NOTE: Ensure the WebWatchBot service (WWBServer) assigned user account has permission to execute iisreset.exe.
- In WebWatchBot Manager, open the properties of an existing Watch Item or create a new Watch Item.
- Select the "Alarm" tab.
- Click on the "Actions" button.
- Select the "Commands" tab.
- Enter the fully qualified pathname to iisereet (a built in command line utility available in Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/2003/2008). For example:
- Check the "Active" checkbox.
- Click OK until all of the windows have closed.