Schedule a Report Tutorial
This tutorial will guide you through the steps to scheduling a report to run once a month. When the report is run, it is automatically sent as an email attachment to a recipient.
- A Watch Item should already exist. For this example, the Watch Item named "Example #2 - HTTP" will be used. This example Watch Item is included in the initial installation of WebWatchBot.
- A Report should already exist. For this example, the report "Downtime Report in HTML" for "Example #2 - HTTP" will be used. The Downtime Report is automatically created when a Watch Item is created.
Part 1: Configure the Report
- In the WebWatchBot Manager Application, find and select the Watch Item "Example #2 - HTTP"
- Edit the report: In WebWatchBot Manager, select the menu item "Reports" (Ctrl-M) or click the "Report Manager" icon on the toolbar.
- Select the report "Downtime Report in HTML" and click the "Edit" button.
- The following window will appear:
- In the "Output" section, select "Save to File Only (Don't Display)". This will prevent a browser window from opening every time the report is scheduled to run.
- Check the checkbox "Email Report to Recipients Below"
- Enter your email address
- Click OK to save changes.
- Click the "Close" button to close the Report Manager.
Step 2: Schedule the Report
- Switch to the Scheduler View
- Create a New Scheduled Item: In WebWatchBot Manager, select the menu item "File" -> "New" -> "Scheduled Item" (Ctrl-N) or click the "New" icon on the toolbar.
- The "Schedule Item" window will appear.
- Select the Watch Item "Example #2 - HTTP" from the Watch Item dropdown list.
- Click the "Type Settings" button to select the report.
- Select the report "Downtime Report in HTML"
- Click OK to close the "Schedule Report" window.
- In the "Recurrence Pattern" section, select "Monthly", Day 1 of every 1 month is automatically selected. This will cause the report to run each month on the first day.
- In the "Range of recurrence" section, select "10 years from the start date"
- The Scheduled Item settings should look like the following:
- Click OK to save the scheduled item.