WebWatchBot Manager on Windows 10 with Elevated Privilege
Windows 10 introduces more security than its predecessors do. Though this is a good thing, it can create some challenges. WebWatchBot Manager may not start properly without a few tweaks.
- Go to the Start Menu and locate the shortcut for WebWatchBot Manager (may vary depending on the version installed).
- Right-click on the "WebWatchBot # Manager" shortcut and select, "More" and "Open File Location":
- A Windows Explorer window will open:
- Right-click on the shortcut "WebWatchBot # Manager", and then select "Troubleshoot Compatibility":
- The "Program Compatibility Troubleshooter" window will open. Click on "Troubleshoot program":
- On the next dialog, check the box next to: "The program requires additional permissions", and then click the "Next" button:
- On the following dialog, click on the "Test Program" button:
- WebWatchBot Manager will start and should not encounter any errors. Return to the compatibility troubleshooter program and complete the dialogs by clicking on "Next" and "Yes, save these settings for this program"