WebWatchBot service (WWBServer) Account Setup
The WebWatchBot service (WWBServer) needs permission and access to operate properly. When WebWatchBot is installed, the service is configured to run with the local SYSTEM account. On many systems, this Windows user account does not have enough permission to access the Windows Registry or the Windows File System.
If WebWatchBot exhibits the following symptoms, you should change the Windows user account assigned to the WebWatchBot service (WWBServer)
- The service will not start
- Watch Items do not respond to the "Run Now" command
- The Windows Event Viewer, application log contains errors from WebWatchBot that the application cannot be authorized.
Change the Windows User account
- Open the services control panel applet: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
- Locate the WebWatchBot service (WWBServer)
- Right-click on WWBServer, then select "Properties"
- In the Properties window, select the "Log On" tab
- Select the radio button "This account", and then enter the credentials for a Windows user account that has access to the following:
- Windows registry
- Windows file system
- C:\ProgramData\ExclamationSoft\WebWatchBot [5/6]
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WebWatchBot [5/6]
- The user must have the ability to control Windows services, namely the WebWatchBot service (WWBServer)