FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Revision as of 17:36, 18 May 2015 by Administrator
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 General Q&A
- 1.1 General
- 1.2 Installation
- 1.3 Purchasing and Licensing
- 1.4 WebWatchBot Data and Database
- 1.5 Reporting
- 1.6 Watch Item Settings/Configuration
- 1.7 WebWatchBot Manager
- 1.8 WebWatchBot Online
- 1.9 Alert (Email, Visual, Sound & Command) Settings/Configuration
- 1.10 Connectivity - Network - Firewalls
- 1.11 Performance
- 2 Issues and Errors
- What are some of the best practices for WebWatchBot?
- How do I get started? What do I do first?
- What operating systems can WebWatchBot run on?
- How do I use WebWatchBot?
- Where can I get WebWatchBot?
- The WebWatchBot service does not appear in the services.msc control panel applet
- What is the name of the WebWatchBot service?
- Can WebWatchBot monitor websites with frames?
- Why are there false positives? Some sites go down when they are not, why?
- How can I perform a round-trip check of an email?
- WebWatchBot Help will not open via the menu or by pressing F1
- Is it possible to configure the application to use a MAPI email server (i.e., Microsoft Exchange Server), or does it need to be an SMTP server?
- Does WebWatchBot monitor compressed pages?
- How is downtime determined?
- Where can I download the NT Resource Kit?
- How can I get help from Microsoft?
- How to create a dynamic defined (named) range in an Excel worksheet
Purchasing and Licensing
- Is WebWatchBot free?
- How much does WebWatchBot cost?
- Is the license per user, location, CPU, or per machine?
- How do I obtain a Remote Client License?
WebWatchBot Data and Database
- Can I switch from MSDE to SQL Server 2005?
- SQL Server and its files are taking up a large amount of disk space.
- Will WebWatchBot back up data(watch items) automatically in case of a crash?
- When performing database maintenance, an error occurs
- Can I safely delete all the files in the data folder?
- Where does all the data collected by WebWatchBot reside? Can I change this location?
- How can I completely remove all WebWatchBot data and start a fresh install
- How do I move WebWatchBot's data from one location to another?
- Is the database and data secure and encrypted?
- Can I import reports from csv format to Microsoft Excel?
- Can I run reports for multiple sites at one time?
- Is there any way to run multiple reports at once using a command line or batch file for WebWatchBot?
- Can I modify the WebWatchBot reports?
- Is there any built in way to make reports available via a web server?
Watch Item Settings/Configuration
- How do I log into an OWA (Outlook Web Access) Site?
- WARNING: The WebWatchBot service was not found or you do not have permission to control Windows
- Cannot connect via Remote Connection Functionality
- When using the "HTTP/HTTPS" type of watch, does WebWatchBot download the page each and every time or does it use a cached version of the page?
- If the watch type is a "HTTP", is the page cached after the first download, skewing response times?
- Will WebWatchBot work from cache if my site is down?
- What should the threshold for maximum response time be set to?
- For transactions, what is the maximum amount of time that I should set the summary step's timeout?
- On the rare occasion, the output for a Watch Item is different comparing a "Test" and a "Run". Why?
- The Log Pane shows an error message for all of my Watch Items, why?
- Do you have a document which details the format of the ini file used in the import feature?
- How do you set-up a Watch Item for HTTP Post to an ASP.NET page?
- How can I monitor a web page with a login?
- How do I set up a watch item to POST to a form?
- How often should my site be checked?
- There are two types of status, "Warning" and "Down" Each can be configured based on "%" and "#" How does this work?
- When monitoring SNMP, I get an "unknown error" and/or "Could not query SNMP value"
- How do I use regular expressions?
- Can WebWatchBot login to a site with Flash?
- Can WebWatchBot login to a site that uses an RSA key or is CAC enabled?
- Can WebWatchBot monitor Citrix applications?
- Do you have a list of common ports of hardware and software?
- Cannot view/monitor Hyper-V Performance Counters from remote machine
- How do I monitor a page with Ajax (Web 2.0)?
- The Transaction Recorder records a website login, but fails on playback. Why?
Alert (Email, Visual, Sound & Command) Settings/Configuration
- Can WebWatchBot send a notification to a Cell Phone or a Pager?
- Cannot send email - Error 10053 Cannot connect to mail server
- I'm not receiving email alerts
- Is there a limit to the number of e-mails sent for SLA Status to be received when "down time"
- Can WebWatchBot send text only e-mails?
- What is the difference between Alarm and SLA Status?
- Can WebWatchBot send email alerts through GMail's mail servers?
- Can WebWatchBot send a voice alert?
Connectivity - Network - Firewalls
- Does WebWatchBot work with MS Proxy Server?
- Testing a Watch Item works, running the Watch Item
- Can I use WebWatchBot through a firewall or proxy server?
- Does the internet need to constantly be connected when monitoring a web site
- Can WebWatchBot monitor secure web sites?
- Will all the WWB checks be included in the web site statistics log files?
- Does WebWatchBot work with Zone Alarm?
- WebWatchBot cannot communicate with its service (WWBServer) on Windows 2012
Issues and Errors
Installation Issues and Errors
- Error 87 installing WebWatchBot with MSDE
- Error 1303. "The Installer Has Insufficient Privileges..." occurs When You Try to Install WebWatchBot
- Error 1316. "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file ..." when installing WebWatchBot
- Error 1327 Occurs When You Try to Install WebWatchBot
- Error 1722 Occurs When You Try to Install WebWatchBot
- Error 1931 Occurs When You Try to Install WebWatchBot
- Cannot find import dll may be missing corrupt, or wrong version. File botdll.dll, error 998
- How do I install WebWatchBot on two or more machines that point to one SQL Server?
- Install Fails with error message "The instance name specified is invalid"
- How do I change the user account the WebWatchBot service uses?
- How do I move WebWatchBot from one computer to another?
- How do I connect to a SQL Server 2005 Express Instance
- Installation ends with an error, but there is no error number
- Install Completes with Error: User xxx is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
- Install Fails with Error: Login failed for "xxx". Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
- During installation, the error message is displayed: "Another Version of this product is already installed."
- Where should I install WebWatchBot?
- Will I need to uninstall previous versions before upgrading to a newer version?
- SQL Server password with mixed case causes installation to fail
- Login failed for user "NT Authority\Anonymous Logon"
- Web Position Gold Scheduler may prevent WebWatchBot Manager from starting
- On Windows 2003, after clicking "Start/Continue 14 day trial", WebWatchBot Manager stops running
Errors (Not Relating to Installation)
- Database Timeout
- Error Code: 5 - Message: Access is denied.
- Database Watch Type: Cannot connect to mySql database
- WARNING: The WebWatchBot service was not found or you do not have permission to control Windows Services
- WebWatchBot Service terminated because it was unable to initialize tcp/ip communications: Address already in use!
- Service terminated because it was unable to initialize tcp/ip communications: Address already in use!
- Error message when running the WebWatchBot Updater
- Certificate from a CA that is not trusted causes error.
- Microsoft JET Database Engine Error: File sharing lock count exceeded
- Error: -2147467259 Msg: Unspecified error Description: Cannot open any more tables
- When starting WebWatchBot, an error appears: "Cannot connect to database error:-2146824582 Msg:Unknown error 0x800A0E7A"
- Microsoft JET Database Engine Error: -2147467259
- When starting WebWatchBot, an error appears: "cannot connect to database error:-2147221164 Msg:Class not registered"
- For some HTTP watch types, switching to the Output view causes a program crash.
- "Error: -2147221164 Msg: Class not registered" occurs while running WebWatchBot
- The transaction log for database 'WebWatchBot' is full.
- WebWatchBot Updater Displays "Access Denied" error
- After Upgrading, cannot add/edit Watch Items/Transactions
- Database Connection Lost (Server) - Some historical data will not be collected; however, monitoring will continue. Attempting reconnection
- Error: Open Service: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
- SQL Server Error: Communication Link Failure
- Downtime date/time is invalid
- Watch Item / Transaction unexpectedly shuts down or stops monitoring
- Database maintenance failed: The statement BACKUP LOG is not allowed while the recovery model is SIMPLE
Known Issues - Resolved
- SMS Email Alerts Sent as HTML for WebWatchBot v5.1.x Pro
- Cannot create a new report
- WebWatchBot using SQL Server as its back-end database uses large amounts of memory.
- Error creating a new Watch Group.
- After creating a transaction, a popup appears stating that there are orphaned Watch Items
- Changing the setting to 0 (zero) for "Simulate HTTP Threads" causes an error in WebWatchBot
- "Connection is busy with results for another hstmt"
- Status Reports: Watch Groups and Transactions are repeated
- Under specific conditions scheduled reports contain no data.