7.0.4 (Build 26312) August 8, 2016
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124.10450): After running a report, e.g. performance report, an error occurs. The error message in the event log shows: "Error: -2147217913 Msg: IDispatch error #3079 Description: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value. Error 1 of 2)", date format dd/mm/yyyy causes error. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199.10479): Watch Items with dependencies send multiple email alerts after an alarm is reset. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52.10481): Fixed issue with changes to escalation rules overwriting Watch Item that are NOT using escalation rules.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Resolved issue with email alert formatting and text inaccuracies for Watch Items with dependencies. There were issues with background color, and information on the cause of alarm trigger and reset.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11): Resolved issue with email alert downtime reporting for Watch Items with dependendies. Reported downtime was based on base Watch Item and not dependent Watch Item.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): Modified "Send Full/Short Report" for updated website.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): Resolved issue with Import/Export: Importing from previous version would import Watch Items, but the log file would not load until WebWatchBot restart. Statistics would not update until WWBUpgrade.exe was executed.
7.0.3 (Build 26304) March 31, 2016
- Enhancement: Database Watch Type: Added option for reverse search, to trigger failure if the search text is NOT found.
- Enhancement: Install: New dialog allowing selection of Windows user account for the WebWatchBot Service (WWBServer), either Local SYSTEM account or a specified user account.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): PING: If using "Dart" ping component, an internal timeout is set to the maximum response time even when "timeout" checkbox in the Watch Item properties is not checked. Changed so that the minimum timeout is 1000ms or the maximum response time set, whichever is higher.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Web Client: Fixed issue with log files not displaying on the Manager page.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Copying a Watch Item, selecting "Yes" or "Yes to All" to the prompt to open the Watch Item properties after copying causes crash. Fixed.
7.0.2 (Build 26295) November 18, 2015
- Bug Fix: Event Log Watch Types not retrieving error when failed to connect. Fixed so that the last error is shown in output and logged.
- Bug Fix: Reports: Uptime/Downtime for All Watch Items: report heading and chart numbers were not matching. Fixed.
- Bug Fix: Reports: Uptime/Downtime chart. Changed value for pie chart to use total number of seconds and not minutes. Using the later, would at times, show incorrect percentages.
- Bug Fix: Suspending and Activating large number of Watch Items will perform faster.
- Bug Fix: Reports: Improved overall performance of generating a report
- Bug Fix: Reports: Cancelling a report is more responsive
- Bug Fix: Reports: No summary data produced or incorrect computations for reports for "All Watch Items" on installations with very large databases.
7.0.1 (Build 26095) April 29, 2015
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11): Better handling of error conditions with service failing to start. Detection of threads not starting properly.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): Fix bug where certain HTTP pages would return HTTP 400 because of request for gzip compression when it is not needed.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): Import error with export list from versions prior to version 7.
7.0 (Build 25926) February 2, 2015
- Enhancement: Dependencies
- Enhancement: SFTP
- Enhancement: During installation, new dialog for Windows user account to assign to WebWatchBot service (WWBServer) and the WebWatchBot application pool in IIS. Streamlines the configuration process and reduces errors.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Creating a new Watch Item, would not start the Watch Item until the service is restarted or the Watch Item is suspended and activated. Occurs only in 7.0 Beta 1.
6.5.0 (Build 26128) April 29, 2015
- Enhancement: Added undocumented registry setting for reports: REPORTS_RUN_IN_SEPARATE_PROCESS, now being used by scheduled reports instead of always running reports in a separate process. Resolves issues with permission/access not being able to run reports.
Change: Popup notification window will close automatically when connectivity is restored since the dialog should not need to be closed explicitly.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Extended the Custom Watch Type's field "CustomCommand" to accept longer command strings.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206.9194): Changed WWBUpgrade to use registry settings for SQL command timeout. Was being ignored and the install script would timeout after 2 minutes.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11.9181): During database maintenance, if the backup fails, a warning is issued instead of failing maintenance completely.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168.9219): Fix for HTTP error 12019, ERROR_INTERNET_INCORRECT_HANDLE_STATE which means a corruption during HTTP Post of data which can happen intermittently under rare circumstances.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124.9229): Fix statistics not being updated after a Watch Item or Transaction is imported. Caused by database tables not being aligned during import.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Changed frequency of authorizing the service application from once every 15 minutes to once every 24 hours after startup. This will reduce the number of times that authorizing can potentially fail and cause a service restart.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52.150): During install, when the service cannot connect to the db, improve the error message to better troubleshoot.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206.178): During uninstall, user is prompted to stop the WebWatchBot service.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11.202): Selecting Tools -> Status Settings in any view other than "Status" crashes GUI when in Dashboard view (Fix: when not in status view, master status report is found and selected)
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): Creating a new Watch Item, would not start the Watch Item until the service is restarted or the Watch Item is suspended and activated. Occurs only in 7.0 Beta 1.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): Better handling of error conditions with service failing to start. Detection of threads not starting properly.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Fix bug where certain HTTP pages would return HTTP 400 because of request for gzip compression when it is not needed.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Import error with export list from versions prior to version 6.5.
6.4.0 (Build 25485) October 28, 2013
- Enhancement: Proxy exception field expanded to accept the maximum length (16383 characters) allowed by Windows.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Fixed deadlock issue when an HTTP/HTTPS Watch Type would not return complete HTML. This would cause the server process to consume high CPU cycles.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11.203): Reports with charts showing extraneous <%chart%> tags. Removed these tags when not in use.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168.8863): "Archived log files to keep" setting in WebWatchBot Preferences not displaying saved value. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124.212): Adding a Watch Item to the web client will update the desktop client if it is running.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199.215): Reports toolbar is centered, not left justified. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52.214): Web client splash screen shows v6.2, but footer shows 6.3. Corrected both.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206.209): Users are alerted that for IE9 & 10, compatibility view needs to be turned on before logging in.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11.193): Scheduled and emailed reports contain no data. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168.208): Alerts show escalation rules checked for watch items WITHOUT escalation rules set in the desktop. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124.211): New PING Watch Item, log isn't created, won't check site.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199.196): New Install. Auto-generated reports: Switch to report view. Not grouped properly
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52.197): New Install, Auto-generated reports: "Generated Chart" is on by default, but no chart selected for "Failure Report".
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206.213): Updating WWB via WWBGUI and WWBUpgrade does not update the web client. Full reinstall is needed. Corrected for this version and moving forward.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11.199): Master Status Report - Choose Fields, delete a field, and two fields are now selected.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168.200): Added comments to web.config for email settings. Changed timeout from 120 to 360 as it is documented
6.3.0 (Build 25378) June 3, 2013
- Enhancement: Importing Watch Items will use the imported Watch Item Id, unless the Watch Item Id exists, then a new Id will be assigned, which allows for intended duplication.
- Enhancement: New component for PING Watch Type that provides results that more closely match Windows ping.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): After editing a schedule item, the scheduler view is properly updated. The update would not occur when in Scheduler View, double-clicking the Watch Item, adding, editing, or deleting a schedule item.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Default Summary and Failure reports for newly created watch items do not have a chart created for them. Changed so that all new reports generate a chart by default.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Fix for maintenance mode hanging the WWBServer (core service) process when shutting down all Watch Items and Transactions.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Corrected issue with reports containing large amounts of data returning no results due to an error with the database connection.
6.2.0 (Build 25353) April 9, 2013
- Enhancement: "All Watch Items" scheduled maintenance is suggested after install to run daily for 20 minutes.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11): Reports: Setting a specific start and end date gets reset to the current date/time upon subsequent editing.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): WebWatchBot Online: Prevent the deletion of the special user "admin".
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): WebWatchBot WS: DisableCheck, enable check not starting thread properly. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Fixed: Master Status Report not being generated with any rows of data.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Database backup: If the database model is "simple", WebWatchBot will now change the model to "full" before performing a backup. The "simple" model does not allow the backup of the database log, which will cause an error that can prevent database maintenance from completing.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Fixed: When the trial expires, WWBGui hangs and the service tries to authorize every 15 seconds
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11): New reports for Watch Item aren't runnable until service restart.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): "Refresh Current View" in Explorer causes crash. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124.76): If a report is running and the server is shutdown, when the server starts back up, the report's status is still "Running". Need to update all reports on service startup
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199.99): WebWatchBot Online: "Create Date" column is not colored properly in sub-headings
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52.150): Desktop Client: On-demand reports that are set to open after running, don't.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206.163): When the trial expires, WWBGui hangs and the service tries to authorize every 15 seconds.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11.180): New reports for Watch Item aren't runnable until service restart.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168.182): "Refresh Current View" in Explorer causes crash.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124.183): "Auto-hide" log/output/chart pane. Close WWB. Reopen will not allow manager to load properly.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199.189): Email reports are blank/empty/no data zipped or unzipped - PDFs aren't generated
Change: "Go To URL or Location...(Ctrl+G)" moved from "Tools" menu to "View"
Change: Added "WebWatchBot Online" to "Help" menu to open a browser to the web application.
6.1.2 (Build 25226) December 17, 2012
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Changes to license key handling in trial version mode.
6.1.1 (Build 25175) December 4, 2012
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Date/Time formatting issue with reports that causes them to not allow changes. Only affects computers using date formats, e.g. MM/DD/YYYY.
Big Fix (220.127.116.11): Trial version; WebWatchBot Manager displays message "Cannot authorize application. Please contact ExclamationSoft Support" and exits after 12 hours of use.
6.1 (Build 25150) November 27, 2012
- Enhancement: Introducing, WebWatchBot WS (Web Services). A way to connect to the internals of WebWatchBot. First supported web method is DisableCheck, which allows for a Watch Item to be suspended and activated.
- Enhancement: Added new Transactions setting "Persist Form Data" which will persist selected form variable values from the previous step. New settings window allows for the input of form variable names. When the Transaction is run, the specified form variables value will be saved from the previous step.
- Enhancement: Repeat Alarm Action. New option in Watch Item/Transaction properties, Alarm tab. When enabled, an alarm trigger action is repeated until the alarm is reset.
- Enhancement: Maintenance periods are no longer factored into uptime/downtime in the Uptime/Downtime report.
- Enhancement: New option for Transaction Recorder: Remove __VIEWSTATE hidden variable automatically. When set, the hidden form variable __VIEWSTATE is removed when recording a Transaction. This experimental option was added for some web applications that do not allow the reuse of __VIEWSTATE.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): Fixed user agent string sent with object requests (images, css, etc) after the initial request for a page, which was originally IE 6.0 and not the user agent string specified in WebWatchBot preferences.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): Fixes for the installer using the correct ODBC driver that would fail on Windows Server 2003.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Improved installation support for Windows Server 2012
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Changed "Clear ASP Session Id" to "Clear Session" to end the current browser session at the end of the Transaction Run. This will effectively and correctly clear session cookies, including those for ASP and JSESSION. Note: This will not clear non-session cookies.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Removed extraneous place holders <%DownloadedPage%> and <%TraceRouteOnFailure%> from email alert messages which can show up in some email clients such as GMail.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11): Better error handling for regular expression search when the syntax is incorrect and can cause a Watch Item's thread to stop.
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): Corrected issue with log pane not updating after the main window is minimized and then restored.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): Fixed issue when the server is overloaded with requests or SQL Server is not responding and does not record all information on a run. Placeholder data is inserted so that data appears on reports with either zeros or null values. Previously, reports would not show any detail at all. We recommend performing "Recalculate Statistics" (Select one or more Watch Items, then select the menu options, Tools -> Database -> Recalc Stats) on all of your Watch Items to ensure data integrity.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Faster Suspend and Activate of multiple Watch Items.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Fixed error when running Uptime/Downtime report with a date format that is not US English (en-us) which caused detail of the report to be cutoff.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Newly created data folder and sub-folders now have specific permissions for the "Administrators" group. Corrects issue with log files not being created. If this issue occurs, delete all files and folders in the "Data Directory" - you can get to this through the menu options: Help -> ExclamationSoft Support -> Data Folder.
- Bug Fix (220.127.116.11): Fixed: Changing the connection string on the desktop does not update web.config
- Bug Fix (18.104.22.168): Fixed: In report headers, Last Failure & Last Success are "None" after recalculating statistics.
- Bug Fix (22.214.171.124): Fixed issue when a report is run on a Watch Item/Transaction that has no statistics and have never been run.
- Bug Fix (126.96.36.199): Reports not pre-selecting correct chart. For example, the uptime/downtime report selects the "Top Failing" chart. Fixed.
- Bug Fix (188.8.131.52): Web GUI: Transaction steps that are "Transaction exclusive" will no longer appear when not viewing its parent Transaction.
- Bug Fix (184.108.40.206): Web GUI: If a Transaction is named "Transaction", when selected, it's steps are not shown in the Watch List. Fixed.
Change: Default reports are no longer automatically created for Transaction Steps.
6.0 (Build 24848) September 1, 2012
- Enhancement: Added undocumented registry setting for reports: REPORTS_RUN_MULTIPLE - When set to TRUE(default), runs multiple reports in separate threads, which can cause performance degradation. If this occurs, set to FALSE to run one report at a time.
- Enhancement: Added undocumented registry setting for reports: REPORTS_RUN_IN_SEPARATE_PROCESS - When set to TRUE, runs reports in a separate process instead of in a separate thread. Set to FALSE(default) to run in a separate thread... Read More ...