Change SQL Server Database's Recovery Model
By default, the recovery model for the WebWatchBot database is set to simple, which can cause an error when running Database Maintenance or performing a database backup through WebWatchBot Manager
Database Maintenance will fail.
An error like the following will appear in the Windows event viewer Application Log:
Database Maintenance failed (DoDatabaseBackup) CDBCoreEx::CaptureError: CDBCoreEx::CaptureError: Error 1 of 5) Number = -2147217900 Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The statement BACKUP LOG is not allowed while the recovery model is SIMPLE. Use BACKUP DATABASE or change the recovery model using ALTER DATABASE. HelpFile = (null) HelpContext = 0 SQLState = 3 NativeError = 4208
The reovery model needs to be "Full" in order to perform the backup operation which is one of the tasks of Database Maintenance.
Change the recovery model of the WebWatchBot database to "Full"
- Open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Right-click on the WebWatchBot database:
- Select "Properties"
- The Properties window will open
- Select the page "Options"
- Change the Recovery Model to "Full"
- Click OK
- Close SSMS
- Test the new setting in WebWatchBot Manager: Tools -> Database -> Backup
- The backup should be performed without error