Configure Escalation Rules
(Enterprise and Trial versions only) This dialog allows the configuration of one or more rules to be carried out when a Watch Item has failed.
Fields And Buttons
- Rules List - The list shows all configured rules for either alarm triggers or failures. The list contains three columns:
- Consecutive Failures/Successes - The number of consecutive failures or successes to invoke the rule, carry out the action(s), and temporarily change the run frequency.
- Run Frequency - Temporary change of the run frequency when the rule is invoked. When the number of consecutive failures specified by the rule is met, the run frequency is changed until the alarm is manually reset or another rule is invoked.
- Alarm Actions Summary - A summary of the actions that will be performed when the rule is invoked. There are four types of actions that can be performed:
- New - Add a new escalation rule - opens the "Configure New Trigger/Reset Rule" dialog.
- Number of consecutive failed responses to trigger/reset alarm - This number cannot already be specified in an existing trigger rule if creating/editing a trigger rule or already be specified in an existing reset rule if creating/editing a reset rule.
- Frequency - How often to monitor AFTER number of consecutive failures/successes above is reached. When the number of failures/successes is reached and the rule invoked, the run frequency is changed until the next rule is invoked or the alarm reset.
- Edit - Edits an existing rule. (Screenshot similar to above).
- Delete - Deletes the selected rule.
Feature Design Rules
- The last rule (one with the highest number of consecutive successes) will automatically have the same run frequency as on the General tab of Watch Item Properties and vice-versa. Changing the run frequency in one place will affect the other.
- Changing a rule will take effect the next time the rule is executed or if the Watch Item or Transaction is suspended then made active again, whereby the rules are reloaded and re-evaluated.