Error During Install of WebWatchBot
After starting the installation program for WebWatchBot, the following error message is displayed: "Fatal Error : Installation ended prematurely because of an error"
Determine Cause of the Problem
The error may be caused by a problem with "VBScript" on your computer. To determine if VBScript is a problem, please do the following:
- Create a file on your desktop named "test.vbs". You will be prompted to confirm the name change, click the "Yes" button.
- Edit the file by right-clicking on the file and select "Edit"
- Type the text: msgbox "VBScript works"
- Save and close the file
- Execute the file by double-clicking on it.
- If a message box with the text "VBScript works" appears, then the problem is not with VBScript - Contact ExclamationSoft Support
- If the error message "Can't find script engine VBScript" appears, VBScript is not installed on the computer properly.
Correct VBScript Problem
If the error message "Can't find script engine VBScript" appears, please do the following:
- On the Windows Start Menu, click "Run"
- Type "regsvr32 VBScript.dll"
- Click "OK". If registration of the VBScript Dll is successful, the following message box will appear:"
- Test the VBScript file created in the previous section to ensure VBScript is now working.
- Run the WebWatchBot install - the error should not appear.