Managing files in the WebWatchBot Data Folder
WebWatchBot stores two primary pieces of data in the Data Folder:
- A SQL Server database - Either one managed by WebWatchBot (WebWatchBot with MSDE) or one managed by the end-user (WebWatchBot for SQL Server). If managed by WebWatchBot, the database files are stored in the Data Folder
- Log files, captured output, and reports
The Data Folder is specified during installation (Step 10 in the WebWatchBot with MSDE install guide) and can be changed and managed.
- The saved pages and log files in the data folder contain a complete snapshot of a downloaded web page. These pages are referenced in some of the reports and are useful for viewing the web page when a watch item has failed.
You can safely delete them if you are concerned about disk space usage. Use the following instructions: Can I safely delete all the files in the data folder?
- Refer to the following FAQ article for instructions on changing the location of where the data is stored: Where does all the data collected by WebWatchBot reside? Can I change this location?
- To manage log file growth, change the log type to "Archive" from the default "Append": Tools -> WebWatchBot Preferences, Common Properties, Log. [Refer to the online help for more information | http://www.exclamationsoft.com/webwatchbot/help/website/PreferencesLog.html]