The "Proxy" section provides configuration options for HTTP connections through a proxy server. This is a global setting.
- Use a proxy server for your Internet Connection: If you have a proxy server that you use to connect to the Internet, set to True.
- Address: The URL or IP address of the proxy server
- Port: The port number of the proxy server. Example values are 80 or 8080. This value must be between 1 and 65535.
- Username: Enter a username to log into the proxy server with, if your proxy server requires authentication. If your proxy server does not require authentication, leave this field blank.
- Password: Enter a password to log into the proxy server with, if your proxy server requires authentication. If your proxy server does not require authentication, leave this field blank. If you do not enter a value into the "Username" field, the "Password" field will be ignored.
- Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with: Provides a space for you to type the Web addresses that do not need to be accessed through a proxy server. If you want to connect to a computer on your intranet, make sure you type its address in this box. For example, for a computer named HR1, type HR1. You can use wild cards to match domain and host names or addresses - for example, www.*.com,128.*,240.*.*,mygroup.*, *x*, and so on.