Send SNMP Traps from WebWatchBot
SNMP traps can be sent from WebWatchBot, using a freeware command line tool named "Trap Generator" by "Network Computing Technologies".
WebWatchBot does not natively support the sending of SNMP traps; however, it can be configured to execute an external command, such as trapgen.exe (the name of the executable program for Trap Generator).
Follow these instructions to send and SNMP trap from WebWatchBot:
- Download and install "Trap Generator" from the "Network Computing Technologies" website: http://www.ncomtech.com/trapgen.html
- In WebWatchBot Manager, open the properties of an existing Watch Item or create a new Watch Item.
- Select the "Alarm" tab.
- Click on the "Actions" button.
- Select the "Commands" tab.
- Enter the fully qualified pathname to trapgen.exe and the parameters. For example:
-d 192.168.0.1 -v 22.214.171.124.4.1.18126.96.36.199.1 STRING "<%WatchItemName%> <%AlarmCondition%> "
Replace the IP Address 192.168.0.1 with the ip address of the machine where you want the SNMP trap to be sent to.
Note the use of replacement tokens, e.g. <%WatchItemName%> <%AlarmCondition%>, which are provided for program execution customization. WebWatchBot will automatically replace the tokens with the appropriate value when the program is executed. Tokens include:
- <%DateTime24h%> - 24 hour time, e.g. 13:00 instead of 1 PM
- <%Time24h%> - 24 hour time, e.g. 13:00 instead of 1 PM
- <%AlarmCondition%> - one of two values: "UP" or "DOWN"
- Check the "Active" checkbox.
- Click OK until all of the windows have closed.