View the Status Report in a Web Browser
This article will guide you through setting up WebWatchBot so that you can view the Status Report in a web browser on the same machine or a machine that WebWatchBot is not installed on.
IIS (Internet Information Services) should be installed on a machine that is either the same machine as WebWatchBot or a machine that WebWatchBot can access
- Configure IIS
- Directions on this step differ depending on the version of Windows and IIS being used. Please consult the IIS help file for more information.
- Add a new virtual directory in IIS named "WWBReports" under the physical directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot, making the physical directory for this new virtual directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WWBReports.
- Ensure permissions for the virutal directory allow read & write permissions for the user account for the WebWatchBot service. Refer to the following KB article for more information on WebWatchBot service's user account: WebWatchBot_Service's_User_Account
- Configure WebWatchBot
- Open WebWatchBot Manager
- Click on the "Status" shortcut to select the Status View:
- On the left-hand pane, right-click on the "Master Status Report", and select "Status Report Settings":
- In the "Status Settings for Master Status Report" dialog, select the "Save" tab.
- In the "Filename" field, enter the full pathname for the report. For example, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WWBReports\master-status.html. The filename, master-status.html, can be changed, but the .html extension should not be changed.
- Now, each time WebWatchBot updates the status report, along with the report's referenced images, it will be saved to the location specified.
- View the report
- Open a web browser
- Navigate to the report with the following URL: http://machinename/WWBReports/master-status.html, where machinename is the name of the machine where the virtual directory was created in IIS for the reports. The IP Address can be substituted for the machinename.
- Images appear broken - Ensure the directory has correct read/write permission for the Windows user account for the WebWatchBot Service